Advertisment

Another Ghanaian Footballer Opens Up On Playing For Either Ghana Or Belgium.

The Ghanaian-born Belgian International Francis Amuzu has said that Ghana has been contacting his agent every day about the possibility of playing for the Black Stars. He was actually born in Ghana but currently holds a Belgian certificate and plays for Anderlecht. The winger is yet to be called by the senior team. According to him in an interview with PVR, these were his words "They call my agent every day but I will like to take my time to decide. Ashiemeru? He tells me to choose what I think is right. I love Ghana and I go back home. You also have to think about the fact that we are in a World Cup year. Playing it with Belgium or Ghana is not the same. With Belgium, you can go far. But I also know that if I play 3 world cup games with Ghana and I play well, it can lead to good things."
Amuzu has played 31 matches and scored 4 goals providing 5 assists. In the playoffs of the Belgian league, he scored 4 goals in 6 games making it a total of 8 goals. He expressed his disappointment for being left out Belgian callup. He added that even though he was born in Ghana he may choose to play for either country. These were his exact words on missing on the latest Belgian callup, "I am of course disappointed. I wanted to be in the Red Devil but I am aware that four games are not enough. I have to show what I am worth in the longer term. If I play 20 games like the last 4, I have my place among the Devils."
Previous Post Next Post
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements