Advertisment

Ghanaian youngster Kobbie Mainoo in awe over Man United debut Featured

 

Ghanaian youngster  Kobbie Mainoo in awe over Man United debut Featured

The youngster sensation of Ghanaian origin is on cloud nine after playing his first debut with the senior ranks of the Red Devils in the league cup game

English-born Ghanaian youngster Kobbie Mainoo has said "it feels unbelievable" to make his first debut with Manchester United FC first-team squad in an EFL Cup game against Charlton Athletic on Tuesday night at Old Trafford.

The 17-year-old boy played an integral role in their 3:0 victory against the lower division side which he played 60th minute of game action in his first appearance with the senior ranks of the English giant Man United.

Kobbie Mainoo the promising teenager is now relishing of first-team opportunities going forward from manager Erik ten Hag.

"It's an unbelievable feeling," the 1.75m tall midfielder told MUTV. "I have been at this club all my life and it’s been amazing to have my family here to watch me playing to night."

"Of course there were a few butterflies but it was exciting. I played at Old Trafford in the Youth Cup and I remember that joy, it was an amazing joy. So to have that again, it is always good. It was a very tough, physical game but I believe in the lads and thought we should always come out on top."
"Have been in training a few times with the senior ranks and they have all made me feel welcome, they have all given me advice and encouragement. I have felt at home. To stay and get more games is the ultimate goal, I have been at this club my whole life so that is the ultimate goal.’"

Having been born and raised in England to Ghanaian parents, the talented teenager is still eligible to switch nationality and play for Ghana at the international level despite featuring for the U-17 & U-18 England national youth teams.

Previous Post Next Post
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements